Post Name:- BPSC Syllabus Online Application Form 2020-2021
Date Of Post:- 10 Dec 2020
Time:- 13:05 PM
Description:-The Bihar Public Service Commission (BPSC) works to select the applicants for civil service jobs in the Indian state of Bihar in accordance with the rules for the merits and reservations of applicants. BPSC is a body created by the Constitution of India.
BPSC conducted for recruitment to multiple posts such as Sub Divisional Officer, District Sanapark Officer, Rural Development Officer, etc. Its Syllabus is set by the Bihar Public Service Commission. The commission is constitutionally incorporated to assist the Bihar State Government concerning recruitment, transfer, and disciplinary matters, of public service in the state. The head office of BPSC is in Bihar. it provides suitable candidates for various government posts and on various service matters.
So, if you want to apply for the BPSC Exam, you should know about its syllabus and we are here for that. in this article, we will let you know all about the BPSC syllabus.
The BPSC state services exam is conducted in three different stages:
- The first one is the Prelims.
- The second one is the Mains.
- The third one is the Interview
Candidates have to pass each stage in order to be eligible for the final stage, if a candidate passes the prelims, only then they can give the mains exam, after clearing the mains exam the candidate would be summoned for the final stage that is an interview.
|Stage of BPSC Exam
||Type of Exam
||150 (1 paper)
||900 (3 Papers of 300 marks each)
||3 Hours for each Paper
There is one objective type paper for 150 marks. All the questions of the prelim’s exam are in English and Marathi language. Candidates should know that there no negative marking in prelims exam, prelim’s exam are counted for the merit ranking and also for qualifying the BPSC mains but its marks doesn’t counted for the final merit list.
A Candidate needs to score minimum marks as decided by the commission to qualify for the mains exam and all the questions are set in English and Hindi.
|The pattern for prelims exam:
|BPSC Prelims Exam Pattern
|Name of Exam
||Combined Competitive Exam
||Bihar Public Service Commission (BPSC)
|No of Papers
||1 – General Studies (150 marks)
- BPSC Syllabus General Science
- Events of national and international importance
- History of Bihar and Indian History
- Geography (mainly Geography of Bihar)
- Indian Polity and Economy
- Changes in the economy of Bihar post-independence
- Indian National Movement and the Role of Bihar
- General Mental Ability.
Syllabus of prelims exam:
- Candidates who applied for the BPSC examination should have to know about General Science (General understanding of science, including matters of everyday observation and experience).
- Candidates should have to know Current Affairs of National/International importance.
- Candidates should have to know History of India and Bihar.
- Candidates should have to know Geography of India and Bihar
- There are also the questions related to General geography and geographical division of Bihar and its major river systems
- Candidates should know about Indian polity, Panchayati raj, community development and planning in India and Bihar
- Indian economy and economy of Bihar post-independence
- Indian Movements and Contribution of Bihar in it
- Under Indian Economy and Polity, the questions will cover the topics such as:
- Indian Political System
- Panchayati Raj
- Community Development
- Planning in India and Bihar
- There will be Questions based on General Mental Ability
After scoring the passing for the BPSC Prelim exam candidates have to appear for the BPSC Mains exam. The BPSC Main Exam has a qualifying paper General Hindi and Apart from this, there is 2 General Studies Paper consisting 300 marks each. There will be also an Optional Paper that the candidate has chosen earlier while filling their Application Form. Candidates need to attempt all the papers and score the passing marks to qualify for the Interview round. There will be no minus/negative marking in the descriptive question papers.
The pattern for mains exam-
|Stage of Exam
||Name of Paper
|Main Exam (Subjective)
||General Hindi (Qualifying)
|General Studies Paper 1
|General Studies Paper 2
Syllabus of Mains exam-
In this paper candidates should write an Essay, attempt grammar related questions, there will also syntax and Summarisation related questions. The paper will be subjective in nature and of 100 marks.
General Studies Papers1&2:
|General Studies 1
||General Studies 2
- Indian Culture
- Modern History of India
- Contemporary events
- National and international importance
- Statistical Analysis, diagrams and graphs
- Indian (and Bihar) Polity
- Indian (and Bihar) Economy
- Indian (and Bihar) Geography
- Role and impact of Science and Technology in the development of India (and Bihar)
The Optional Paper consisting of 300 marks. The list of the 34 Optional Subjects has been given below:
- English Language and Literature
- Urdu Language and Literature
- Hindi Language and Literature
- Persian Language and Literature
- Arabic, Language and Literature
- Pali Language and Literature
- Maithili Language and Literature
- Bangla Language and Literature
- Sanskrit Language and Literature
- Political Science and International Relations
- Public Administration
- Labour and Social Welfare
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Commerce and Accountancy
- Electrical Engineering
- Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
|BPSC Interview Test:
Candidates who qualify for the BPSC Mains Exam are called for the ‘Interview’ Round. Candidates will be interviewed by a Board appointed by the BPSC. The interview is more of a purpose conversation intended to explore the mental qualities and analytical ability of the candidate.
|Usefull Links To Fill Form
|Offical Website:Click Here